Author Topic: How-To: One User's Tutorial for Cleaning Media Library Duplicates with Similarity  (Read 110962 times)

Thaks for this How-To

CoreyAnn

I cant figure out how 2 select /check ALL of the boxes next 2 the list of duplicates in order 2 delete ALL at once... Am I missing something?

StanleyTweedle

• View Profile
    • http://last.fm/music/e-nation
Readers, I'm really quite pleased to see someone found my /method/ useful. I'm flattered, to be honest. (as an instructor[1], it's not often i'd go about instructing this way, so I find it interesting on different levels...)

Please Note: As the Admin states, above, Similarity [would and] has changed since I authored this little /tutorial/ in the Spring of 2009. (i have to chuckle at how well the first respondent summarized, in just a few lines of text, what took me like three pages to spit-out! haha!...)

But, indeed-- this whole technique I've explained (posted, first march 2009) is really out-of-date, in terms of relevancy to the current edition of Similarity. The application GUI underwent a massive change, maybe late 2009, or 2010, such that talk of "checking" for deleting, and much of the logistical details are no longer relevant.

Of course, the /basic/ concept does remain viable, however, look at it this way: I've not used the technique i've described here-- likely, since the GUI changed, which is many, many versions ago.

Best wishes to the Readers, and good luck in your trimming of the fat!

Seacrest, out!
[1] I, instructor: www.ChordsAndScales.Info